Pantheon powers the world’s professional websites. Our multi-tenant, container-based cloud platform enables businesses to run mission-critical Drupal & WordPress websites. Developers, Marketers and IT can instantly scale in response to unplanned traffic spikes, without upgrading VMs or clusters. Large enterprises use Pantheon, including Intel, Cisco, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
We value teamwork, humor and hard work balanced with solid social time together. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities, and have real relationships with many of our most active customers and that’s where you come in.
Pantheon is improving the way professional developers manage websites, which we believe is critical as billions of people come online. The web has become the central conduit for business, organizations, and individuals to connect. We are looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for the world-changing impact of the internet, along with our mission.
Pantheon is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team, either onsite at our SF or Minneapolis or remote (on US hours.) We’re creating an impressive and growing platform that powers over a million web applications containers, the billions of monthly page views, and the development tools that build them and we need someone comfortable with developing APIs and working within a rapidly growing organization.
Along the way, we’ve written tools to manage containers at scale, built large multi-tenant distributed file systems, contributed open source contributions (WordPress, Drupal, Fedora, Chef, systemd, cURL, sensu…) and a whole lot more.
We have a lot more growing to do though! Your expertise will help us continue to innovate and manage complexity even as we grow in size, feature depth and across data centers.
What You’ll Own:
- Implementation of proof-of-concepts, prototypes, and systems at scale
- Improved visibility into how distributed services interact and scale in production
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technical initiatives
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
Our ideal candidate brings to the table:
- Experience developing software services hosted in the cloud and distributed cloud systems (Google Cloud / AWS)
- Experience building well-tested, robust services and APIs in high-traffic, real-world environments
- An affinity for service oriented architecture and eagerness to move amongst many codebases in multiple languages
- Understanding of Linux containerization technology and applications
- Passion and integrity (and humor) that makes our team better as a whole
- Strong comfort coding in one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, Golang, Node.js, or C
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing software services spanning multiple data centers
- Experience with Linux containerization technology at scale (cgroups, namespaces, Docker, rkt)
- Experience with using (or choosing not to use!) Kubernetes, Cassandra, Fedora, systemd, Elasticsearch, Twisted Python, Redis and MariaDB
- Polyglot chops: we code in Golang, Python, Ruby, C and Coffeescript - how about you?
- Diversity of thought and experience
What we can offer you:
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
Oh yeah…here are a few other things we offer as well:
- Industry competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Vacation days and time off.
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision).
- Top-of-line equipment.
- Discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle.
- Dog friendly office.
- Training stipend to attend industry conferences and community events.
- Fully stocked kitchen with lunches provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.