Tango is a leading mobile messaging service with more than 390 million registered members around the world, transforming the way people communicate, discover, and share. Evolved from its beginnings in 2009 as a cross platform texting and calling app, Tango today combines free communication, social networking, and content in a single platform. The best part is that Tango is giving members more fun and engaging ways of connecting with those they care about through social networking, playing games, sharing music, news feed channels, and a whole lot more!
Join the Tango team where we work together in a thriving, fast-paced startup environment that is about passion, trust, and drive. In between programming, designing, and serving our members, our team enjoys daily family style meals, and many other great perks to make our employees happy.
As a member of the Datacenter Ops team you will be responsible for not only the
day-to-day availability of a large-scale production infrastructure, but will also leverage
your experience, skills, and new technologies to provide new and better solutions in
a challenging technical environment.
People who are successful in this role are excited by working in an environment
that hosts services used by people all over the world, every day. With applications
serving millions of requests every minute, moving hundreds of terabytes of data
every day, we are a large-scale 24x7 business. Linux systems administration is a
must, as well as a good understanding of networking (think OSI model.) Experience
with virtual environments, as well as bare metal deployments will also be
important. Someone who likes to “wear many hats” will have the advantage here.
We strive to operate in a “lights out” fashion, with as little human presence in the
datacenter as possible. Occasionally the ability to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move
server and networking hardware is required, but most of the rack-and-stack duties
are left to others. You will primarily be working comfortably from the Tango home
Office in Mountain View.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of experience working in and administering a production RHEL/CentOS environment
- Experience with RPM/YUM package management and popular monitoring solutions such as Nagios, Cacti, Graphite and others.
- 2+ years of experience working with production virtualization and cloud infrastructure, specifically VMware and AWS
- Understanding of network topology, routing, VLANs, services, and prior experience with administration of various network devices via CLI (NX-OS, EOS, Junos, etc.)
- Ability to automate tasks and create reusable tools with one of the popular scripting languages
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs and participate in on-call duties
- Prior datacenter experience
What We Can Offer You:
- A state of the art datacenter that will be your responsibility
- The chance to work in a diverse environment with services that serve millions of requests every minute
- Full medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Daily family-style lunches
- Wellness program
- Game room
- Tango Educational Fund
- And even more!