Touro College is an institution of higher education with dozens of campuses and programs spread out across the NY area, with locations on the West Coast and abroad.
We need a UX/UI Designer to help expand and solidify our brand network online without sacrificing quality and the many improvements we’ve made over the last few years. The candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining a user experience and user interface across multiple schools and programs that is included in this institution, in addition to keeping the main umbrella site, www.touro.edu, fresh and up to date. This responsibility includes wireframing, design, working with a team of developers, and quality assurance of overall brand design. The candidate must be able to present a vision for his/her work that tells our story, and be able to work with a team to get that vision to a responsive platform.
We’re a small, cohesive team, and organization with tremendous opportunity to make your mark. If you’re passionate about what you do, a self-starter and looking to make a difference, we’re looking for you. We’ve been in need of a UX/UI designer for a while, so your role has been very much alive and under discussion within the web team. Internally, we’ve named you Jonathan, so extra points if your name actually is Jonathan/Joan ;) (Not required though!)
We’re looking for a person who:
- Is a great visual designer
- Loves research and making sure the designs provide a great user experience that alleviates their pain points and meets client requirements.
- Is super detail oriented, making sure every t is crossed and i is dotted so each page of all sites is a tight, beautiful experience on all devices.
- 1-3 years of experience in web design
- Proficiency in Adobe Design Suite, wireframing and prototyping tools
- A detail oriented person
- Knowledge of established best practices and current trends in UX and web design
- Proficiency in basic user-centered interaction
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to present and sell ideas to team
- Partner closely with web team to provide a strategic brand direction for the institution’s properties
- Plans and leads user testing sessions, and turns that feedback into practical steps
- Able to design concepts and production of: Graphics, typography, page layout, navigation, interactivity, UI and UX
- Provide web/mobile ready design
- Have the ability to liaise with schools/departments (our clients) to determine requirements, and students to determine pain points
- Create a design standard and follow through to provide quality assurance and brand consistency
It’s a great opportunity to really make your mark and build your skills. And you’ll be working with an amazing team! There’s also: good hours, early release Fridays, paid sick and vacation, subsidized medical, and 403b.