Microsoft is Hiring a Principal Design Manager
The M365 Core Studio team is looking for a Principal Design Manager to help us create the next generation of AI-related product experiences. We are looking for someone passionate about design and technology and excited to push the boundaries of what is possible. You will inspire and motivate your team to deliver their best work. You should be able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
In this role, you leverage your track record of success to lead the design landscape for many of our AI-powered product experiences. You use your passion, professionalism, and creativity to create unique, fresh, and innovative solutions. With your experience as a leader in design, you will manage, lead and mentor a diverse team of talented designers as they grow toward the next stage of their careers. Working closely with researchers, development teams, and product managers, you and your team will set the design direction for our next generation of AI-powered product experiences, ensuring they are intuitive, practical, user-friendly, and emotionally appealing. This is a manager position leading a small team of designers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 9+ years experience working in product or service designOR Master’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 7+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- 5+ years people management experience.
- Demonstrated skills in graphic design, visual communication, and user-centered design principles.
- Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of design processes, standards, and best practices.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Craft and communicate a long-term design strategy and vision that inspires and motivates.
- Collaborate with Design, Business, and Engineering partners to align on the crafted vision and drive success towards product direction and investments.
- Direct and manage cross-organization and cross-product initiatives.
- Create clarity and generate energy to drive success and deliver exceptional products.
- Serve as a bridge across discipline leadership, putting the user experience at the center of decision making.
- Lead and manage the design team, including setting goals and objectives, providing guidance and support, and evaluating performance.
- Mentor and develop other designers, helping them to grow their skills and advance their careers.
- Stay current on design trends, technologies, and tools, and incorporate them into the design team’s work as appropriate.