Nikon Inc is Hiring a Video Application and Development Marketing Manager
As the Video Application & Development Marketing Manager for Nikon Inc., you will be responsible for represent the Nikon Brand in the video technology market and be responsible for ensuring that our products and their applications resonate with current and potential customers. This position is responsible for the co-development, management and execution of marketing programs, strategies and business relationships targeting customers in the video / multimedia space. The position requires a strong knowledge and understanding of video specifications and technologies, such as cameras, file formats, audio, interfaces, industry standards, codecs, storage media coupled with a deep technical understanding of the video market. The core focus will be on strengthening brand presence and reputation within this target and expanding market opportunities for future growth, including relationship building with customers and collaboration with 3rd party vendors. Conduct in-depth research on new technologies, engage with Nikon team members as well as outside professional and industry members to identify trends and new business opportunities. This position will play an integral role in qualifying these trends and opportunities into the development, creation, marketing and sales of products and services in the video category, including cameras, lenses, accessories and other related products. An advanced working knowledge of video technologies and industry use cases a must.
- Responsible for the co-development, management and execution of marketing programs, strategies and business relationships targeting customers in the video / multimedia space.
- Represent the Nikon Brand in the video technology market and be responsible for ensuring that our products and their applications resonate with current and potential customers.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to manage customer-centric marketing activities in the Imaging category.
- Collaborate in cross-functional environments with product marketing, pro services and sales teams to execute on initiatives that will advance our efforts to enrich customer experiences in video.
- Evaluate and report on technical issues for video related aspects of products and services.
- Maintain a technical understanding of Nikon and competitive imaging products
- Conduct product trainings and demonstrations for employees, retail partners and customers, including dissemination/education of Nikon and competitor technical specifications.
- Provide in-person and remote technical support to Nikon Pro Services (NPS) employees and their members (customers) as needed.
- Maintain positive working relationships with professionals and key opinion leaders working in the video space as well as third-party vendors.
- Provide insight on next generation video technologies and serve as the technology expert on the team in the formulation of strategic marketing plans.
- Work alongside Product Marketing colleagues to engage with industry media via PR agency on product briefings and technical support.
- Promote high standards for technical product knowledge and customer communication within Nikon, to enhance and develop the quality of internal and external communication.
- Support market research efforts in order to bring new knowledge to the teams about our customers, product usage, market needs and industry trends.
- Travel overnight in order to fulfill essential functions and key responsibilities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of video specifications and technologies.
- Ability to recognize market needs as it relates to the overall goals of the business.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter who is passionate about video technology and working for a world class imaging brand.
- Must recognize challenges, have an openness for information sharing and develop trust within a talented and highly collaborative team.
- Have an eagerness to learn and an ability to take on challenges with optimism and excitement.
- Experience using video equipment and software, including cameras, mics, rigs, lighting, editing software, etc
- Sound understanding of the professional and hobbyist level video markets.
- Ability to simplify complex video features and concepts into marketing language.
- Results and deadline driven with an ability to execute.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (includes overnight travel).
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- 5+ years’ management experience in a technical video role with corresponding experience in a marketing and/or training role
- A. Marketing, Fine Art and/or Business-related field required