Sony AI is Hiring a Sr. Research Engineer – Privacy and Security
Sony AI America, a branch of Sony AI, is a remotely distributed organization spread across the U.S. and Canada. Sony AI is Sony’s new research organization pursuing the mission to use AI to unleash human creativity. Sony AI works closely with Sony’s other business units, including Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., and Sony Music Entertainment. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: https://ai.sony/
Sony AI America (SAIA) is seeking highly motivated, self-driven (Senior) Research Engineers with expertise in privacy and security. Our team mainly focuses on the fundamental and applied research in privacy and security. The role of a research engineer should have an enthusiasm for breakthroughs in secure and privacy-preserving machine learning. Sony AI America is a remote work organization. Location is flexible.
- Design and prototype AI systems related to AI privacy and security on various vision applications (Image classification, object detection, pose detection, semantic image segmentation) to empower real-world AI applications across Sony.
- Collaborate with research scientists to conduct fundamental and innovative research in trustworthy AI, including but not limited to privacy, security, federated learning, data synthesis by using generative AI, IP protection, etc.
- Work with research scientists and business units to complete PoC and land AI solutions on Sony’s real products, such as Sony’s Atrios platform, and IMX500/501 sensors.
Build long-term collaboration with Research, Engineering, and Product teams, seek high-impact opportunities to launch solutions and advance long-term business growth, specifically Imaging & Sensing business.
- Produce high-quality code, build impactful systems, and publish influential outcomes.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Prior experience as a Machine Learning or AI Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience in privacy and security, data synthesis, large vision foundation model development, computer vision, on-device AI, distributed/decentralized system design, IP protection, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like PyTorch or TensorFlow)
- Ability to write robust code in Python, C++, Go, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Passion for technologies and solving challenging problems.
- BSc (and above) in Computer Science or a similar field
- (Preferred) Experience in leading or participating in significant open-source projects.
- (Preferred) Experience in computer vision applications and/or AI privacy and security
- (Preferred) Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.