Happy Cog is Hiring a Senior React Application Developer
As our agency grows, we are taking more and more web and mobile application projects for our clients. Our application projects are typically built on React and/or React Native with backend REST and GraphQL APIs to drive them and integrate with other systems. You don’t need to be an expert in all of these, but we’re looking for developers who have a working knowledge of these stacks and can join our team and start contributing quickly to deliver for our clients.
As a client services agency, we’re always expanding into new technologies and platforms, so we need someone who loves keeping up-to-date on the newest advancements in the field and can figure out when to start applying those advancements to client work.
You’ll be working on several projects at any time; typically one large application and a few smaller projects to keep things fresh.
- Building new applications, websites, and features with React and/or React Native.
- Contributing to high-level architecture planning, consulting with our internal team on approach and level of effort, directing more junior developers.
- Flexing your muscles on aspects of application development outside of app code: database modeling, query optimization, setting up efficient logging and monitoring solutions, and other advanced requirements for highly functioning apps (you do not need to be a DBA or Sys Admin).
- Working closely with our front-end development team on website projects. We’ll want and expect your input on the best ways to structure the build — from start to finish.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest development technologies and methodologies.
- Responsible for communicating directly with clients and our project managers to understand their requirements and present your work.
Skills & Qualifications:
- You should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably in a technical role and with agency experience.
- Experience with React, React Native, and its surrounding tools and technologies is a requirement for this role.
- Experience interacting with backend REST and GraphQL APIs
- Working knowledge of integrating with stacks used to build APIs.
- Ability to understand user behavior and intent, and use this information to build intuitive apps and websites for our clients.
- Knowledge of Git and Github, we use these on all projects.
- Experience with AWS services is a plus.
What we offer:
- Healthy work/life balance.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, and project managers.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
About Happy Cog:
Happy Cog is a growing interactive agency of 80+ people, all working 100% remotely.
We design, develop, and market websites and mobile apps for a wide variety of clients — everyone from small startups, to Fortune 100s. Projects we’ve recently worked on have included online ordering platforms for restaurants, custom content management systems for law firms, an economic mobility research platform, and many more.
We are looking for great people to join our team, so if you don’t check all the boxes, but believe you can do the job, reach out and tell us why – your experience might be just what we’re looking for!
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, protected veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability.
We are also proud to have been on the Inc 5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies for 7 years in a row! For more information go to our website: https://www.happycog.com.