1Password is Hiring a Sr. Staff DevOps Engineer
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The 1Password DevOps engineering team is responsible for building, observing and maintaining all of 1Passwords infrastructure. This team sits at the intersection of nearly every tool, application and service that we use in order to build a great customer experience. We are looking for a Senior Staff level engineer to help us scale our infrastructure and process to ensure our customers’ continued delight with 1Password. As a Senior Staff engineer you are comfortable in a role which influences the technical direction of the DevOps and broader engineering ecosystems. You will be at the forefront of finding solutions to ensure the availability, scalability and resilience of 1Passwords infrastructure. Above all, you take a customer first approach when it comes to solving infrastructure problems.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we’re looking for:
- Reliability engineering experience in design and auditing of services to reduce operational risk and modes of failure
- You have extensive experience with technology frameworks such as Kubernetes, serverless functions and containerization
- You understand the importance of observability and SLOs and have experience with tools like Datadog & Elasticsearch
- Someone who writes durable code in either python or Go, with bonus points for Rust
- You are a problem solver who is able to break down complex problems into its constituent parts and take ownership of the problem through to resolution
- Articulate: you are able to discuss complex problems in the simplest of terms
What you can expect:
- Help set the direction and strategy for the DevOps team
- Work with a small team of infrastructure specialists and collaborate with our software developers to build systems that are resilient and fail gracefully
- Improve continuous integration and delivery processes to uphold IaC standards
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team with a real willingness to make “someone else’s problem” into “your problem” along with the ability to deliver appropriate and effective feedback to teammates
- Lead design sessions , make architectural decisions and enforce technical standards, within the DevOps team and across the organization
- Be part of an on-call rotation to make sure system outages are addressed as quickly as possible
- United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $220,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
- Health and wellbeing
- 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
- 👟 Wellness spending account
- 🏝 Generous PTO policy
- 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
- 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
- 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
- Growth and future
- 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
- 💸 Retirement matching program
- 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
- 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
- Flexibility and community
- 🤝 Paid volunteer days
- 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
- 🏠 Fully remote environment
- 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever’s Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.