1Password is Hiring a Senior Product Manager, Developer Tools
We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
To achieve this vision, we will need to build a flywheel bigger than 1Password itself. We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager that will help us enable developers to deeply integrate with 1Password, in order to provide a secure and superior product experience for their companies and their communities, from terminal to infrastructure secrets. You’ll execute at a fast pace with a focus on developer experience, user experience, and partnerships in collaboration with Engineering, Design and Marketing peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
This is a remote opportunity within the US and Canada.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-7+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager leading major product initiatives across Developer Tools, Integrations, and Web APIs
- Interview and collaborate with developers who want to integrate 1Password into their software development life cycle
- Cultivates a deep developer empathy and product craft, represent the voice of the customer, and be able to galvanize teams behind your vision
- Prioritizes product features with qualitative judgment and quantitative data
- Strong level of ownership with regards to product success.
- Own the launch and subsequent lifecycle of Developer Tools product features from end-to-end
- Comfortable and confident in deep discussions with engineers about technical issues or challenges, and potential approaches or solutions
- Proven track record of leading multiple priorities simultaneously
- Familiarity with web standards, 12factor apps, microservice architecture, immutable infrastructure
- Passion for building high quality Developer Tools
- Pragmatic Institute Product certification or similar
- Bonus points for a background in coding, security, compliance, password managers, or mobile apps
What you can expect:
- A supportive Products team that will help you along your journey
- Define and deliver on a Developer Tools roadmap that effectively prioritizes strategic initiatives across our Product, Partnerships, and GTM teams for maximum business impact
- Define and deliver on a Developer infrastructure secrets strategy that ensures this mission-critical system reliably supports our ever-expanding business ambitions and global customer base
- Own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Accelerate the pace of shipping and learning, while setting and maintaining a high bar of quality and reliability for our Developer Tools offerings
- Take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance
- Comfort and skill at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes; from executive meetings with our C-suite and partner syncs to company all-hands and external events
- Partner with design and engineering teams to ship well-crafted developer interfaces in a highly iterative delivery approach
- United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $136,000USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual’s compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
- Health and wellbeing
- 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
- 👟 Wellness spending account
- 🏝 Generous PTO policy
- 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
- 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
- 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
- Growth and future
- 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
- 💸 Retirement matching program
- 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
- 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
- Flexibility and community
- 🤝 Paid volunteer days
- 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
- 🏠 Fully remote environment
- 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever’s Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.