Baton Technologies, Inc. is Hiring a Fullstack Engineer
About the Role
Baton is looking for a software engineer with experience in both building backend APIs and managing cloud infrastructure. You will be working in a highly collaborative environment focused on crafting a high quality product. The perfect candidate will have a keen sense of DevOps culture and practices, high standards for quality, and a strong sense of prioritization for incremental delivery. This role will have a strong operations focus, with an emphasis on infrastructure, monitoring, tooling and developer productivity. As an early team member, you’ll have the opportunity to lay the groundwork for future development and have a hand in shaping our product and culture.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Being able to deliver a complete feature from database to API to frontend.
- Solving non-trivial problems with simple and innovative solutions.
- Contributing to architectural decisions and own buildout and maintenance of infrastructure.
- Enabling feedback loops by monitoring usage, errors, and latency, etc.
- Willingness to be on-call, and run point on issues.
- Improving our CI/CD workflows for our backend and frontend engineers
Other points relevant to this role:
- The salary range for this position is $70k to $130k
- We are venture-backed with comfortable funding for our next stage of growth
- We are focused around NYC, but most of our employees are fully remote
- We offer a 401(k), unlimited PTO, and affordable dental, life, disability, and vision insurance
- You have experience with (at least one, but preferably multiple) popular development frameworks like Django, Flask, React, Angular, Vue etc. Experience with unit testing frameworks is a plus but not required
- You have experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar Docker orchestration tool such as ECS or Docker Swarm).
- You are very comfortable using Git.
You love to build complete features, all the way from designing a database schema, to building API representations, to crafting a delightful interface. After shipping, you want to monitor to better understand performance, fix bugs and even measure how successfully customers are at using your work.
- You are comfortable working at a startup where the development time for new features is measured in days and weeks, not months and years. We are agile in developing small proof of concepts for what our customers want, learning from how they use it, then returning to the drawing board for improvements or redesigns.
- You are excited for the opportunity to work on something and have it in the hands of customers minutes after committing it to the Git branch
- You are comfortable working with a team that is almost entirely remote, across the US and in Europe. You might even be remote as well, although you must have at least some overlap with East Coast business hours for standup and other meetings.
- You know how to use infrastructure as code systems such as Terraform. You recognize the importance of managing infrastructure this way.
- You are receptive to feedback and open to introspection when something goes wrong. Every engineer at this company has produced some kind of problem that needed fixing. We use those moments to grow, be humble, admit we’re wrong and work together to find a solution. And when things go right, we are happy to call those achievements out and celebrate them
Our Technology Stack
- Our backend stack consists of Django, Django REST Framework, Channels, Celery, Graphene, MySQL, Redis, Celery, along with several other technologies.
- Our frontend stack consists of React, Redux, Apollo, and Material UI.
- Our infrastructure is hosted in AWS and managed with Pulumi. We deploy to Kubernetes.
Baton is a software implementation management (IMS) platform that automates, simplifies, and accelerates even the most complex customer onboarding projects. Baton’s product was born out of the founders’ pain managing integrations and deployments of enterprise software. The implementation space still heavily relies on emailing spreadsheets and dashboards. After each scaling services teams to 100s of people and trying every tool on the market, they decided there had to be a better way.
Our customers, like VTS, Mantl, Built, and MaestroQA (to name a few), love the transparency and accountability Baton provides to their clients, allowing them to get updates on their projects without manually chasing down weekly updates via email, spreadsheets, or other outdated processes. Baton is easy to use so our customers feel comfortable giving it to their clients without training. All of this has allowed Baton customers to reach new levels in their on-time delivery and time-to-revenue metrics.
Get in touch
Interested? Please email a copy of your resume to [email protected]. We’d also love to hear how you’ve heard of us!