Truss is Hiring a Technical Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners, and employees because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
The InfraSec Technical Manager at Truss will drive technical direction on client projects through a mix of technical leadership, team coaching, team empowerment and leading by example. This is a hands-on position, working on projects as a senior technical contributor alongside other infrasec engineers while modeling how to collaborate with client teams effectively. The ideal candidate will be comfortable establishing guidelines for the team around time management, stakeholder management, clear communication, and expectation setting and enjoy contributing to the technical growth of individual contributors on client projects by participating in retrospectives and management initiatives to address opportunities for professional development.
This is a fully remote opportunity and reports to InfraSec Senior Manager or Director.
The salary range for this position is $175,000 to $201,500.
The Skill Set:
- Technical leadership and decision making
- Prior experience in a consultancy environment
- Comfort with effective stakeholder communication and expectation management
- Coaching, mentorship, and/or management experience
- Complex problem solving and delegation that balances engineer workload and professional development goals with project success
- Commitment to creating inclusive environments and encouraging diverse points of view
- Professional experience with modern devops tooling and concepts such as: Terraform (infrastructure as code), CI/CD, Python, Go, Observability Systems, Logging, etc
- Thrives in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment and has a knack for quickly prioritizing and delegating as needed
- Comfortable in a fully remote environment that relies heavily on asynchronous written collaboration and communication (slack, gsuite)
- CISSP, CASP+, or Security+ a plus
Truss was named one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 2022. All Trussels enjoy full benefits, generous PTO, 401k match, a co-working budget, an employee effectiveness budget, and company-wide transparency around salaries and career leveling (view the Truss Leveling Guide). We have been a remote-first organization since our inception and are passionate about work-life balance, building diverse teams, and practicing radical candor.