Haymarket Media, Inc is Hiring a Director, Experience Design
Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Director, Experience Design to join the Haymarket team. This position is located in our New York, NY office, with flexible working options.
The Director, Experience Design will lead the creative development of our digital products and initiatives across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a stellar visual design background including experience in UX and UI design. The candidate should also be experienced in translating business goals into engaging online experiences that meet or exceed expectations. Key collaborators include Business leadership, Product management, Analytics, Visual design and Editorial. This person should excel in a dynamic environment and be able to adjust their approach quickly based on the audience engagement and feedback. Data-driven user experience/design thinking is a must.
- Provide digital-first creative leadership leveraging an understanding of best in class digital expression and a commitment to elevated user experiences.
- Oversee projects throughout the entire production cycle to ensure that the creative vision is carried from concept through execution.
- Partner and collaborate with business, product, creative, and marketing teams to create a range of powerful, compelling, and viable concepts, wireframes and designs for each project
- Communicate visual design, concepts and storyboards through presentations for stakeholder review and approval
- Apply knowledge base to inform reasonable metrics targets for standard digital functionality
- Collaborate with digital team to conduct multivariate testing and optimization mapped to client KPIs
- Guide and mentor 1 direct report (UX/UI designer)
Skills and Requirements:
- 7+ years Design/UX experience
- Strong portfolio that illustrates breadth of experience
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of digital product development life cycle
- Understanding of agile & waterfall processes and methodologies
- WordPress experience preferred
- Soft skills to include strong sense of accountability and understanding that people support what they help create
- Ability to think broadly, understand business strategy, and have a broad understanding of technology in order to successfully collaborate on product solutions.
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Superior stakeholder interview and listening skills—must have the ability to synthesize feedback from stakeholders and deliver an output where contributors clearly see their needs met
- Has excellent problem solving skills and experience handling multiple projects and assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Can work well in a cross-team collaborative environment, with little oversight, and be able to engage stakeholders with various business and technical backgrounds
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.
Beware of fraudulent activity where individuals are contacting job seekers claiming to represent Haymarket Media. Please note that only emails from @haymarketmedia.com are legitimate.
When applying for roles with Haymarket Media, you will receive an email directly from a member of the Talent Acquisition team or communication through Linkedin.
You can view our open positions on our website US careers section: www.Haymarket.com