Archon Systems Inc. is Hiring a DevOps Engineer (Software Developer for Infrastructure)
DevOps Engineer (Software Developer for Infrastructure)
What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact?
How about all of the above?
We are a rapidly growing startup helping small businesses outcompete the giants; we improve their inventory management (an underappreciated problem!) with our powerful yet easy-to-use software and hardware.
We’ve been stable, bootstrapped and successful since 2007. We started by dominating the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads, and transitioned to the cloud and mobile since 2017, opening up new technological possibilities and accelerating our business growth.
We do our absolute best to show respect and compassion to customers, employees, and job applicants, and people tell us that Archon is an amazing place to work. You can of course check us out on Glassdoor, our website, or what to expect when applying for a job.
We’ve got an amazing group of talented and friendly people here, and we’re looking for world-class talent, like you, to join us!
Hybrid work – one day/week in the office
We know that in the software industry, you can get most of your day-to-day work done outside of an office. We value the freedom and flexibility that comes from being able to work from home; in fact, we’ve been pioneers in mostly-working-from-home for over a decade, waaaay before it was cool.
We also believe that it’s important to be able to build real human connections (dare I say, friendships?) with your co-workers, and that there’s no substitute for in-person bonding time for this. These connections (friendships?) build trust and encourage open and honest conversations; they’re good for business AND good for well-being.
That’s why we require that employees work one day per week (typically) in our beautiful Toronto office, with this in-person time focused on team gatherings, monthly free lunches, and other activities that are best done in-person. Other days, you’re free to work from home, the office, or any productive environment.
Some of our job benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- $500 fitness benefit (for gym memberships, bicycles, FitBit, etc.)
- Subsidized internet and phone plans
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 55th member of our tight-knit team
As our second DevOps Engineer, you will be improving our sophisticated Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure with thousands of automatically managed SQL databases. You will be working with modern deployment templates, Kubernetes, ASP.NET Core APIs, Microsoft Orleans and YARP.
You’ll run the technology and operations for our continuous integration and deployment processes, ensuring that they work quickly and reliably. You’ll make ongoing improvements, coordinate releases with other teams, and monitor our infrastructure to detect and solve problems.
Your ideas for ongoing improvements and initiatives will help serve thousands of users around the world better.
- Improve, maintain, and manage:
- Cloud infrastructure in Azure
- Continuous integration and delivery systems
- Application logging, monitoring and alerting systems
- Developer experience, tools and automations
- On a rotating, scheduled basis:
- Respond to critical system downtime alerts (infrequent) when needed
- Run software releases
- Point of contact for relevant day-to-day team member escalations
- Fluent with C# or similar strongly-typed language
- Experience managing software release processes
- Experience automating build and deployment processes
- Experience with monitoring software for reliability and uptime
Nice to have, but not necessary
- Application insights/Log Analytics (KQL)
- Bicep templates
- Azure SQL database elastic pools
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Familiarity with Powershell
- Continuous integration tools (we use TeamCity)
- Continuous delivery tools (we use Octopus Deploy)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Monitoring/alerting tools (Azure Logs KQL, Azure Alerts, PagerDuty)
- Virtual machines (Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Standard IT security best practices
- IT expertise – hardware, networking, etc.
- Webpack, React
What are you waiting for?
To apply, go to this webpage:
At Archon, we celebrate diversity as an equal opportunity employer. We hire people based on what they can contribute and we provide equal pay for equal work.