GoDaddy is Hiring a Senior Software Development Engineer – Cloud (Kubernetes and Helm)
Join our team…
Contribute to the devops development of GoDaddy’s eCommerce systems.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be working on the team who designs, writes, tests and deploys the infrastructure and application management software for GoDaddy’s eCommerce applications. Expect to learn every day. Meet daily with team members to accomplish our goals.
What you’ll get to do…
- Become an expert on newer technologies surrounding Kubernetes, EKS, reverse proxies, micro-services, containers, AWS SDK/CLI, and distributed systems
- Be a polyglot. Write and maintain code in multiple languages, though Java is our primary
- Build complex workflows of infrastructure builds on Argo Workflows
- Build gitops application pipelines using many technologies
- Work with our eCommerce feature teams to help them release new infrastructure and applications
- Help build standards and best practices
- Become a member of a highly effective devops team
Your experience should include…
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of full lifecycle management experience of infrastructure as code
- 3+ years of experience with continuous deployments (CD) and deploying applications on various platforms
- High proficiency with Java, Bash, git, curl, and Unix CLI
- Experience with and strong understanding of the capabilities and usages for various storage technologies, such as Cassandra, Dynamo, SQL systems, and Elasticsearch
- A desire to work with other team members and teams to build greater innovation and ideas
- Capable group communication and presentation skills
- Capable troubleshooting skills
- Strong self-motivation to learn and improve
You might also have…
- Real-world experience security practices, and various authentication technologies
- Managed or built Kubernetes clusters
- Know helm
- Experience with… in no particular order of importance: Cloudformation templates, RDS, ALBs, NLBs, Security Groups, S3, Route53, ASM, Akamai GTM, Kibana, Logstash, Beats, FluentD/Fluentbit, Argo Workflows/CD/Rollout, and certificate or secret rotations
- Multi-region operations and failover of production systems
- Delivered and supported high-availability applications to production
- Experience with real-time production monitoring
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.