Authentic8 is Hiring a Sr. Web Developer Engineer
Authentic8 is a fast-growing cybersecurity company and the world’s most at-risk organizations rely on us to completely eliminate the risk of using the web. More than 500 government agencies and commercial enterprises trust Authentic8’s cloud-based Silo Web Isolation Platform to separate the things they care about — like apps, data and devices — from the things they can’t trust — like external websites, users and unmanaged devices. Our premiere product, Silo for Research, is an integrated solution for conducting secure and anonymous web research, evidence collection and data analysis from the surface, deep and dark web.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Web Development Engineer ideally to be located in either or SF or Redwood Shores office (hybrid 1 day a week) in a remote-friendly, fast-paced, inclusive and collaborative culture. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in a software company.
We are looking for engineers to join our talented team, to help design, build and test our industry leading Software. Are you ready to break free from the mundane? To enjoy a flexible work life balance – with work form home capabilities. To have the opportunity to lead teams and for continuous innovation? To accept a challenge for cross-team leadership? To join a company that knows how to develop an amazing team, grow talent, show mutual respect, and where each day brings a new challenge? If you are a talented Senior Web Engineer with an eye for the future, look no further and apply today.
We value leaders and will offer leadership opportunities to you. We love innovators and will reward your innovative ideas and collaborative efforts. We will grow your technical skills and assist in your career growth. We’ll make you the engineer you’ve wanted to be.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Build and maintain various browser extensions that enable the Silo platform & products
- Collaborate with broader team to design pragmatic systems / solutions that balance long-term future-proofing with near-term delivery constraints
- Research and develop new web-based capabilities to enhance our platform and products
- Document, test and internally support all the functionality of builds
- Proficiency with development tools such as jira, git, bash, etc
- Experience in TDD unit testing frameworks; writing and reviewing unit tests
- Creative problem solving to crack problems with no clear answer
- Willing and able to independently research and learn new technologies
- Proven ability to lead a development project or team from conception to completion
- Experience working closely with QA Engineers in designing and implementing testable solutions
- Cross team leadership; ability to work easily with external teams such as Operations and Product Management in solving technical problems and scoping new feature details
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Great Team oriented skills; collaborative mentoring attitude.
- BS in Software Engineering (or equivalent)
- 2 to 4 years with Sockets, Web APIs
- 2 to 4 years experience with Browser extension APIs
- Comfort with Python (or alternative prototyping language)
- Strong understanding/experience with building modern browser web extensions
- Deep knowledge of web browser architectures
- 4 to 6 years experience working in an Agile environment
- 4 to 6 years experience performing Code reviews
- Ability to use and maintain personal development linux servers
Authentic8 offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, flexible PTO, a 401k program and stock options.It is the policy of Authentic8 to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.