Interco is Hiring a Marketing & Business Development Assistant — Greater St. Louis Area
Interco is a $150-million global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers and electronics with a patent-pending state-of-the-art Lithium-ion battery recycling plant. The remainder of the indoor facility is used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, information technology, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity for more than two decades.
Interco is a rapidly growing $150-million company with a terrific team and high upside.
Interco has an opening for a Marketing & Business Development Assistant in the Industrial Metals Trading department. This is a newly created hybrid position across Commercial, Marketing, Human Resources, and IT Departments. We are looking for someone who wants to be great and work for a great company. Interco is a rapidly growing $150-million company with a terrific team and high upside
This job consists of working directly with the VP of Business Development, Director of Hiring Strategies, and Sr. Manager, IT & Marketing Departments developing, implementing, and maintaining strategic marketing and operational directives for this rapidly growing company. An outstanding candidate should be both business-minded, growth-minded with an interest in building a great team, creative with a passion for marketing and a strong competitive entrepreneurial spirit. The right candidate should be enthusiastic about the pursuit of excellence through creativity, imagination, and hard work. Interco has experienced significant success and achieved greatness through consistent divergent thinking. The well-qualified candidate will strive in this environment.
The Marketing & Business Development Assistant must understand that attention to detail is critical to success. The right candidate will be able to write articulate and succinct emails, process and analyze information, and interpret data to help make informed decisions. The scope of responsibilities in this position will constantly be in flux due to the nature and scope of the growing responsibilities of the supported upper management. The well-qualified candidate will be steadfast in the pursuit of doing what it takes no matter the task.
The ideal applicant will be results-oriented with a successful professional and personal track record demonstrating the ability to work both in a team environment and alone. This person is passionate, resourceful, perceptive, dependable, and driven with a desire to learn about and excel in an exploding industry. This candidate will have a yearning to develop and cultivate strong marketing and business development skills under the expert tutelage of a renowned manager.
The right candidate should possess the following Skills and Qualities:
- Effective listening skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take direction, compile needs, follow instructions, and implement strategy
- Desire to add to the growth of a spectacular, growing company
- Ability to work independently and within a group/team environment
- Excellent writing skills
- Resourceful managing and adhering to deadlines
- Ability to gather and review information about a topic, analyze and interpret it, and write about it
- Excellent decision-making and advanced written and verbal communication skill
- Advanced internet and computer skills
- Strong math skills with the ability to internally perform quick calculations
- Responsible work ethic and competitive personality
- Ability to research various media, synthesize market information and report back to a group
- Must possess strong mental toughness and tenacity
- Work experience in marketing, sales, customer service, or other roles where organization and structure was a key function of the role
- Must enjoy working in a high-paced atmosphere
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, and able to meet critical deadlines
- Experience working in recruiting or human resources a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Experience utilizing a CRM is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills — puzzle-solving is very helpful
- Excellent mathematical and negotiation skills
- High achiever with attention to detail and accuracy
- A desire to learn and compete in a team environment
- Experience with photo or video editing software is preferred
The company is experiencing significant market position growth due to a number or factors that suggest steady acceleration for years to come. The Marketing & Business Development Assistant will be an integral part in the continued successful growth of the company during an unprecedented time of an exploding industry.
- Competitive Salary
- $45-55k/yr. commensurate on qualifications and experience
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- 100% Company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Company paid $25K life insurance policy
- Accelerated paid Vacation time
- Paid vacation Christmas Eve through – New Year’s Day
- 401(k) with generous company match after one year
- Salary plus annual performance review and bonus
As a matter of company policy, we do not sponsor employment visas or hire from out of the USA nor do we sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work remotely: No