Our Mission, Product, and Team
For every year since it’s been in existence, the American Psychology Association has ranked money as the #1 stress factor in our lives. And the next generation of consumers is dealing with even more financial complexity than their predecessors.
Elements is a venture-backed startup with a mission to reduce people’s anxiety about their financial wellness, so they can live their present lives to the fullest.
We’re starting by building a cutting-edge fintech platform (B2B Saas) designed to help wealth managers provide a more valuable experience for their generation XYZ clients.
Elements gives wealth managers a way to dramatically increase the speed and simplicity of delivering advice and driving holistic financial progress for their clients throughout the year. Unlike traditional financial planning software, Elements is built for ongoing monitoring. We’ve paired a patented scorecard methodology that measures clients’ real-time financial health with a beautifully designed mobile experience. This innovative approach proactively drives ongoing client engagement in their own financial health journey.
Our dev team is a group of experienced and engaged software engineers building an advanced financial health platform. We work in an iterative, agile environment. All of us have been there, done that. Life is too short. We want to do our best work, and at Elements, we are doing just that.
Elements recently closed our latest round of funding and we’re ready to accelerate the development of our product. As such, we’re looking for motivated, capable Android Software Engineers to help us achieve our ambitious mission and goals. Our dev team is 100% remote and uses an iterative agile development process.
- Write and review code.
- QA your own work and write automated tests. Meticulously review code for readability, testability, and architectural design
- Coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives.
- Evaluate, recommend solutions, and guide team decision-making.
- Work with Product and Design teams to build new features.
- Document the systems you help build.
Our Interview Process:
- “Get to know you” interview with the CTO.
- Coding challenge – Understand our workflow and show us your problem-solving skills.
- Review Github pull request.
- Technical phone interview – Chat with our Core Team members.
- Interview with CEO – Reference checks – Offer extended.
Soft Skills – Attributes Required for Success
- 5+ years professional experience
- Attention to detail
- Able to work alone and as part of a dynamic team
- Teachable and curious; willing to say, “I don’t know, let’s find out…”
- Desire to take the time to mentor others
- Willing to say no to the “new shiny” in favor of working and stable software
- Able to clearly communicate details to others, especially complex technical ideas
- Willing to not shy away from making estimates, and always trying to get better at it
Hard Skills – Advanced Experience Required for Success
- Android platform: Java Threads, Async Task, Service, Job/Work Manager, and even Kotlin Coroutines
- Android platform architecture, e.g. Where do you put/separate UI code, business logic, etc.
- Inversion of Control (IoC), e.g. Dagger 2 or Hilt or Koin
- Networking on Android: Retrofit, Moshi, gson, Jackson etc.
- Android storage systems: Shared Preferences, EncryptedSharedPreferences, DataStore, encrypted storage options, sqlite, other noSQL/document databases, and internal and external file storage
- Navigation options: jetpack navigation library (nav components) as well as manually managing the back-stack for fragments and Activities
- At least one object-oriented backend language
Compensation and Benefits
We are serious about hiring and retaining top talent. And we aren’t afraid to pay for it. You can expect fair compensation. We are a fiscally responsible startup, so if you want your own chef, personal assistant, or zero gravity playroom, well, you probably should look for a job elsewhere.
- Opportunity to start at the ground floor of a rapidly growing, funded start-up
- Group health insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (up to 6% company match)
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Generous paid time off schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Gym membership
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Quarterly offsite team building events
Are you interested? Apply Now!
Paychex The Senior User Experience Content Designer- Strategist is responsible for leading UX content efforts across their projects by employing UX methodologies, communicating resource needs,…
Art+Logic Coding the "impossible." Art+Logic is looking for Mobile Developers to work with us on interesting custom software projects. We’ve been around since 1991, and…
Fast Track Digital Seeking mid to high level full stack developer full time to build an exciting new payments platform allowing companies to charge their…
Lean About Lean At Lean, we’re building financial products tailor-made for the flex workforce. We believe financial stability is transformational, and we all win by…