Brooklyn Digital Foundry is a mission-driven brand, web, and content agency that helps clients change how they use digital platforms and how they engage their audiences. We’re a small, skilled crew making a big impact for great clients.
We’re also a growing agency looking for fresh perspectives and developers looking to move us and our client work forward. You can expect to work on projects that will challenge you as a developer, and you’ll be much more than a mechanic. You’ll work in close collaboration with producers, strategists, user experience and visual designers, and other developers on projects ranging from world-renowned institutions to small-but-mighty nonprofits and spanning a host of industries.
Our developers are responsible for planning and executing complex digital platforms and products using a variety of tech stacks to deliver modern, semantic, resilient, and accessible work. As a senior member of the team, you’ll be an emerging leader who brings a genuine passion for code that balances innovation and practicality. You should be equally at home planning a client’s technical architecture, contributing your views on emerging and established tech standards and tools, wrangling thorny technical challenges, or mentoring junior developers and engineering partners.
If you’re curious and committed, and eager to be an active participant in crafting beautiful, effective, efficient work, this is the place for you.
- Develop client and internal projects – Define the technical requirements of projects; collaborate effectively with producers, strategists, designers, and other developers
- Adapt and innovate – Find creative ways to meet client goals while maintaining timelines and budgets; employ the best tools for the job on a project-by-project basis
- Refine development workflows and process – Partner with technical leadership to ensure our approach continues to evolve alongside the technologies we use; guide team members and contracted support teams through execution and delivery challenges
- Stay current on trends and innovations in technology – Track best practices, frameworks, and design patterns in web technologies; share learnings with peers and agency leadership
- 3+ years experience, ideally in an agency or on a product team
- Code available for review; Git repositories preferred, but links to live sites and/or products are acceptable
- A commitment to producing accessible platforms and products
- Experience writing clean, readable, and well-organized code.
- An understanding of the nuances between different browsers and each of their limitations
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and approaches and to put them to use
- Careful attention to detail, and a desire to push beyond what’s expected
- Enthusiasm for genuine collaboration with an incredibly smart, talented team
- Experience with:
- PHP and PHP content management systems (WordPress, Craft)
- Database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite)
- Linux server stacks and cloud services (Digital Ocean, AWS)
- CSS pre-processors
- Linting tools (ES Lint)
- Build tools (Gulp, Babel)
- Git, Gitflow, and CI/CD
Required: Please provide links to your site, GitHub, GitLab, and/or other relevant material. Applications will not be considered without sufficient code samples.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Brooklyn Digital Foundry is an equitable workplace; diverse applicants are welcome and encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Common Impact Position Summary Common Impact has built the leading model for skills-based volunteering, connecting talented professionals from global companies to high-potential nonprofits. As corporate engagement and…
SDG SDG (www.sdg.la) is a highly respected and successful web engineering team specializing in eCommerce and complex web applications, located in Los Angeles/Santa Monica, California….
Sentree Sentree is a managed WordPress host and web development firm based out of Virginia. Our small team of experienced developers all work from home…
Reaktor Inc We are working remotely and are open to candidates working from anywhere in the US or Canada. Our office in New York’s Flatiron…