Reflexions is seeking a thoughtful and energetic visual designer to join our growing in-house design team.
Reflexions is thrilled to be expanding design capacity in the coming year. You will become a key member of the in-house design team, allowing us to take on more complex and rewarding design work. You will support other members of the team as well as take the lead on new, ongoing, and supportive design tasks.
The visual designer position requires a strong working knowledge of up-to-date best practices for web and interface design, including user-centered interface design, web typography and layout, responsive design and mobile-first principles, and designing for accessibility. You will need to be energetically curious about expanding your own skillset, emerging trends, platforms, and technologies.
You will be expected to collaborate closely with other design, development, and customer-facing team members; you can expect a supportive, knowledgeable, and inclusive team to help you succeed.
Please include a link to your portfolio for review.
Help us build the future!
Reflexions is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- Design the look, layout, and interactive features of websites and interactive interfaces
- Design primary and secondary webpage templates for presentation to our clients as well as coordination with our internal development team
- Participate in frequent in-house design critiques and weekly check-ins
- Participate in internal website testing, including constructively and informatively reporting bugs
- Assist in preparing public- and client-facing communications materials, including thoughtful documentation of your work and our teams work for presentation in sales materials
- Meet with clients to present design work
- Play different roles on different projects, and take on additional duties as appropriate
A great candidate must demonstrate:
- 2–5 years of professional experience working in a full-time capacity as a designer
- An excellent portfolio of design work that must include web design or similar design for screen-based interfaces
- Creative and critical thinking, independence, initiative, and the ability to work with a team
- The ability to work within existing brand or interactivity guidelines as well as the ability to participate in the design of new visual and interactive systems
- Confidence in all phases of a project, from ideation through creation of production-ready design work
- Proficiency with Sketch, especially symbols, styles, and library files
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working under deadline
- Fastidious attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A great candidate will also be able to demonstrate some (though not necessarily all) of the following qualifications:
- A passion for the power of design to improve people’s lives
- Experience with animation, especially web-based, interface-focused animation
- Experience with front-end development tools and concepts, including the basics of web production and various tools of the trade (such as CSS3, JS, HTML5, layout frameworks, LESS/SASS, Git, etc.)
- Experience communicating effectively with developers
- Experience designing to WCAG accessibility standards
- Experience designing web-based, mobile, or screen-based interactive applications
A design degree is not a requirement for consideration, but an outstanding portfolio is. We will work with you to develop skills and knowledge in areas you have less experience. Reflexions is looking for a great candidate who wants to push themselves and learn on the job.
In your cover letter, please:
- include a link to your portfolio showing recent work, and
- tell us about something you learned from a recent project, and how that new experience helps make you a great candidate,
- tell us briefly about a skill you’d like to learn and in what way you think it would positively effect your working process.
Reflexions is a growing company of creative innovators that develops web and mobile solutions for clients in a variety of industries including professional services, media/entertainment, financial services, retail e-commerce, and non-profit/cultural institutions. We are an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V/SO).
Our office is a casual, fast-paced environment and we offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including health/dental/vision coverage, generous paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan.