UX Designer - Soluto Connect
For two decades, Asurion has led the technology protection industry around the globe. The Company provides premier support solutions to enable optimum use of technology; digital applications to protect their privacy and provide security; and rapid replacement of lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning devices. Asurion partners with the leading wireless companies, retailers and service providers enabling them to focus on their businesses and to provide services that delight their customers. Asurion’s 14,000+ employees worldwide specialize in fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our designers and engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Are you a compulsive problem solver with excellent visualization, collaboration and communication skills? Do you value collaborative design over designing on an island? Do you believe in measuring KPIs over undefined success metrics? Do you believe in nimble design over heavy wireframes, comps or spec documents?
The Senior User Experience Designer reports to the Team Lead and is responsible for creating outstanding user experiences, collaborating with peers and other departments to define, develop, launch and measure successful products, and sharing talents and expertise with fellow designers.
· Create detailed navigation flows, site maps, user stories, wireframes and interactions that are user centric and proactively solve for the more complex experiences.
·Skilled at performing interface design critiques and providing objective feedback to designers.
·Collaborate effectively within a journey or project team to champion great UX in the face of technical constraints.
· Identifies and facilitates opportunities for collaboration and information sharing across site-specific journey teams.
· Adept at partnering with team members to drive the design of brilliant digital experiences
· Raises the standard by applying the latest interaction design approaches, design templates and processes.
· Oversee the end-to-end design process and deliverable set to effectively conceptualize and communicate the design approach and detailed interaction behaviors required within a project or team.
· Create detailed visual design mockups and production ready artwork for the digital products and experiences crafted by the Asurion Design Group.
·Support other Interaction Designers on the team. Help in presenting work to peers, partner teams, and leadership for review and feedback
· Provide creative leadership within a project working closely with product management and engineering partners to develop use cases, and high-level requirements.
·Help support a team of industry-leading UX designers to take the web browsing experience to the next level.
· Provide training situations to share discipline and tool expertise for team members
· Driven to solve problems quickly and keep things moving.
·Executes redesign decisions
·Typically partners with team members when presenting to senior leadership.
· BS Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or similar
· Masters preferred
· 4-6+ years in Engineering or User Experience Design, Portfolio of sample projects highlighting design for web based applications, mobile applications & consumer facing web sites and/or applications. No previous management required
·Deep passion for digital products and channels, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
·Works well with ambiguity or when requirements are still being solidified.
· Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals.
Role Requires sitting in Nashville, TN No REMOTE workers