As a Creative Director at Matic, you are the director of all creative. You will translate user insights into decisions that will make insurance sexy. As our creative direct you will be immersed in every aspect of the development process and own projects end to end – from brainstorming to launch. We strongly feel that empowering designers to really own their projects creates the best outcomes and the most seamless experiences.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing
Domain knowledge in Insurance is not required.
As a Creative Director, you will:
- Own all aspects of the brand visually
- Partner with product managers and researchers to identify user needs, define product strategy, and create roadmaps
- Lead a collaborative design process from conception to launch, involving engineers, product managers, and user advocates
- Evolve our design system and design workflows
- Help the design team grow and iterate on our culture
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for Matic’s current projects
- Work closely with engineering and QA to ensure that the deployed design is the right level of polish and quality for its purpose
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Matic executives for review and feedback.
What we ask for:
- 5+ years experience as a creative director, inside a creative agency i a plus but not required.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
- You have experience with a diverse set of projects and are used to fast paced environment with multiple projects thrown at you
- You have an always-learning attitude and practice
- Definitive opinion of design and can back up their design choices with rationale
- Passionate about all things design including in your personal life
- You have a fundamentally user-centered and reality-based approach to UX design
- Strong in gamification, user acquisition/conversion, and the psychology of ethical persuasion
- Strong interaction design and flow design skills
- Strong visual interface design skills
- You’ve led user research projects
- Works well with others
Working at Matic
Matic is different. We are taking the insurance industry by storm through disruptive technology and a passion to create the best place to work in the world (yes, we said world). Matic has offices in California, Ohio, and even Ukraine. Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal. Our motto that we stand by each day is “One Team / One Dream.” We have a fast paced culture that is driven by hard work, passion, positivity, transparency, and the willingness to challenge each other for growth.
Why we stand out
- Matic has a focus on promotion from within
- Competitive salary & bonus, and equity
- Full medical benefits
- Continuing Education/Licensing/Prof. Dev pursuits comped)
- Awesome team and family outings (happy hour, golf, trips, etc.)
- Rewards and promotions for hitting your goals
- Unlimited vacation days
- Modern work environment/culture - i.e. casual dress code, stocked kitchen, games in office.
Watch us at TechCrunch Disrupt: https://techcrunch.com/video/matic-simplifies-h...