Healthline is the fastest growing health website on the planet and the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore). We have begun a re-platform effort and are looking to extend the team focused on this effort. We are all-in with this project and know that it will materially accelerate our growth and success. If you’re looking for a challenging position that puts your skills to work helping millions of users become stronger and healthier while also building our top and bottom line, this is the job for you.
As Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack, you will be a member of a small, focused, multi-discipline team developing the base platform of our website. You will work closely with product, design and infrastructure resources while playing a critical part in the decision making process. You are detail-oriented and self-motivated, with demonstrated success and passion around full stack development.
- Work in a very small team focused on the core site platform and features
- Encourage and leverage best practices around testing and automation
- Constantly evolve processes around developer productivity
- Focus heavily on performance (front AND back) to ensure end user satisfaction
Required Front-End Skills:
- Highly proficient in React
- Highly proficient in HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with CSS in JS techniques
Required Back-End Skills:
- Experience with RESTful APIs and API design
- Experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Experience with SSR in React
- Experience with Redux and ImmutableJS
- Familiar with responsive web concepts
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience working remotely
- DevOps experience, especially with AWS
Why Work Here:
Want to work for a company that is changing the face of health information and patient engagement? And has a fun company culture too? Join our diverse Healthline family, where all employees enjoy an amazing work-life balance! We are located in San Francisco’s ideal SoMa area, just one block from the home of the SF Giants, AT&T Park, and a short walk from the Caltrain and Muni lines, but remote first is our plan for growing this team. Here at Healthline, you won’t just be Employee #1442 – you will be a vital part of growing our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.